How to optimize the strength of your existing brand.
In a one-hour consultation I will show what's needed to increase the recognition of your communications ten-fold. My know-how is based on nearly 40 years of hands-on experience providing art direction, creative direction, design, illustration, writing and branding.
marketing ideas & tactics for your business
Change the profitability of your business
367 Marketing Ideas & Tactics for Your Business
and adventures from
ISFB's Mary Gillen. Musings
on business, the arts, life,
travel, and whatever else
needs talking about.
Read it now
ideasite home page
ideas by email
Web Surfing Versus Web Scuba Diving
In his article "Web Surfing Versus Web Scuba Diving" Net marketing consultant Larry Chase, author of "Essential Business Tactics for the Net" and Publisher of Web Digest For Marketers, writes about why it's important to design your Web site around what the visitor needs:
"I wonder how much time, energy, and money goes into extraordinary content and programming that is never fully appreciated because people didn't know to look for it, or didn't recognize it when they saw it, or had to wait too long for the hot graphics to load. To sites who bury their content, I have one thing to say: "Don't put the milk in the back of the store." This is what grocery stores do in order to get you to pass by cookies and other temptations. It doesn't work so well on the web. People like to pluck the delectables from your site and move on, sad to say."
Read the rest of Larry's article.
Web Up Your Next Trade Show
Before the Show:
At the Show:
- Include fields for prospects' e-mail addresses and URLs in your database and on your sales lead forms.
- Include your company's URL and contact e-mail address on all press releases.
- Print your company's URL on all giveaway promotional materials.
- Be sure to have at least one computer that is connected to the Internet at your trade show booth.
- Have each prospect use the computer to complete a short demographic survey on your company's Web site so they can be included in a drawing for a special prize. This captures their information but also exposes them to your site. These survey forms can then automatically be processed by sales support staff who are back at the office.
- Invest in a digital camera and take photos of your booth visitors. Create a section on your site that includes these photos. Contact the prospects via e-mail after the show to follow-up and to invite them to view the photos on your company's Web site.