- WHY IS WEB SITE DEVELOPMENT SUCH A
- Because gathering and absorbing information on the Web can
be very difficult. Aside from dealing with technical delays, just locating
the right stuff can be less convenient and more confusing than acquiring
the right book. Moving from one site to another requires viewers to refocus
on each new format before they can begin to understand the content. And
because of the limitless quantity that can be included on any one site,
many are intimidatingly huge. More than ever, it becomes obvious that well
designed presentation of creative content is a most important key to success
on the Web.
- HAS gillINC COME UP WITH A CREATIVE
INNOVATION THAT HAS PROVED TO BE PARTICULARLY EFFECTIVE AND POPULAR ON
- ClickPressDirect(CPD) to name just one. This e-mail list of
business editors has turned out to be a tremendous draw for those interested
in conveniently sending press releases to appropriate publications.
- In addition to revisits CPD also increases a site's growth
and recognition by word of mouth and e-mail. To see a sample page, just
HOW DO BELLS AND WHISTLES FIT INTO gillINC'S CREATIVE
- From our World Bank and U.S. Department of Labor experience,
we've learned that the lowest common technical denominator is pretty low.
The average Internet user does not have the necessary equipment to view
all the latest technological advances.
- So, in cases where the appeal of a Web site is universal, we
don't use advance animatics. For select audiences who have been identified
as users of higher end equipment, we can incorporate the latest neat stuff
- However, as a rule of thumb, whenever we add a bell or whistle,
which inevitably slows load time, it must have great creative or functional
value to offset the viewer's extra investment in time. In other words,
just being sort of cute doesn't cut it.
Our portfolio of Web site design is getting heavier.
The following samples and descriptions help will give you a pretty good
idea of where our heads are currently focused in the ever evolving world
of Web site development:
- The goal for the U.S. Department of Labor's Home Page was to design
a format capable of being updated on a regular basis. By reserving
one changeable section for topical information a continued feeling of freshness
could be guaranteed- even for those who visited many times. The challenge,
of course, was to make sure that the look was strong enough to withstand
being compromised by a changing visual element.
- What an opportunity it's been to study the design and navigational
ramifications of many possibilities from every angle. While the final creative
direction remains undecided, it is agreed that the experience gained so
far will enhance the impact and fuctionality of this important site.
- Click on the thumbnails above to see enlarged
versions of our favorite proposed solutions for the U.S. Department of
Labor's new Home Page design.
- More Portfolio Samples