- HOW DO YOU BEGIN ADDRESSING A NEW
CLIENT'S WEB MARKETING PLAN?
- Even before thinking about the copy and design, we must know
all about the pre-Web marketing effort. Everything that is currently being
done must be laid out on the table so that we can decide where and how
the Web site should relate to the other medias. This process is the same
even when the client's goal is other than marketing.
- WHAT IF THERE IS AN AGENCY OR STUDIO
- While many agencies seem to be behind the Web curve because
it is such an awsome and unproven beast, the desire to learn is there.
Because we are seasoned ad people too, gillINC is well positioned
to help a client determine what the most productive relationship should
be. This is also a good time to find out which materials(illustrations,
photos and/or copy) need to be bought and which are free to be picked up.
- WELL CONCEIVED, BEAUTIFULLY DESIGNED
AND PERFECTLY EXECUTED, WHAT'S NEXT TO ENSURE THAT A NEW WEB SITE WORKS
- Even the best site must be properly introduced and networked
before it can grow into a valuable communications vehicle. For starters,
that means comprehensive seeding with all the search engines. Next, every
effort should be made to announce the new home page address wherever possible.
It should be included on all print and broadcast documents that include
a traditional address and/or phone number. And every site that has marketing
expectations should implement a plan to work the site. Get it out there
on a regular basis using netiquette-acceptable Internet communications.
That's the obvious stuff.
- Now's time to consider the Web as an interactive media. Immediately
interactive, which makes it more like meeting in real life than all the
other medias(print,radio,tv) combined. Because, now we can network on the
Web in real time with interested parties via a variety of internet technologies.
Together with a convincing Web site for instant referral, that gives everyone
the capability to market and/or or communicate effectively anywhere in
Hitting marketing bullseyes on the Web is
not as easy as it looks.
The allure of building worldwide business prestige on a small budget
has rushed millions into developing a Web site prematurely (before setting
goals and without finding qualified professional help). Consequently, most
sites aren't performing well because of inadequate marketing, creative and
technical expertise. Which opens the door for even the most modest of well
conceived sites to shine in comparison!
- Here's how gillINC can help a new Web site achieve its marketing
potential and/or communications goals after it has been launched:
- Provide and implement an Internet networking plan that will get your
new site noticed by the right audience.
- Train you to network the new site yourself.
- Create and distribute a postcard inviting your audience to visit.
- Advertising and Marketing
- Make sure that the presentation of your goals in other media strongly
relate to your Web site's message.
- Suggest how and why savings and benefits gained because of the less
expensive nature of Internet marketing should be passed on to your audience
- Public Relations
- Create and distribute an Internet press release announcing your new
- Show you how your new Web site's URL and Email addresses should work
on all your business papers and other opportunities that will increase
gillINC has created a marketing Web site dedicated
to improving marketing performance.
of articles, tools and tips, IdeaSiteForBusiness, is a content site of great
interest to everyone who wishes to grow their business while testing the
Web. isAlready, IdeaSite has enjoyed worldwide recognition by virtue of
the published referrals it has received by over 2 dozen top business publications.
In addition, through word of mouth and e-mail, this site's subscription
list increases at the average rate of 10-14 new form completions per day.
When you visit IdeaSite, don't forget to take advantage of ClickPressDirect,
MarketingIdeaADayByEmail and the comic strip, Marketing Animals.
IdeaSite is also sold as syndicated product. For those who need universally
popular content that will encourage revisits to their own Web sites, this
is a most welcome offer. To see complete information, the useage contract
and price details visit IdeaSiteForBusiness/SYNDICATION