While the startup requirements of most creative professionals are fairly similar, the manner in which information is gathered can vary greatly. Andy Attiliis uses a job information form to efficiently gather necessary data and specifically inform the client of what will be done.
To receive a preliminary proposal and price estimate for various combinations of concept, design, illustration, writing and production on a project, prospective clients should review, complete and submit the following:
job information form for design
These are the general steps taken by Andy Attiliis to provide various combinations of concept, design, illustration, writing and production
1. Review client information from this completed job information form.
2. Provide basic proposal that includes description of work to be done and price estimate. Where applicable, size and number of pages will be recommended unless otherwise indicated below by client under "Client Information".
3. Upon receipt from client of relevant materials (copies), provide detailed proposal based on client's specific need that includes each step of work to be done, timeline and price quotation.
4. Upon receipt from client of approved detailed proposal and relevant materials (originals), confirm timeline's start date and finish dates.
5. Render simple black line thumbnail or semi-comprehensive layout of basic concept(s). Write headline copy if not otherwise provided. Write brief rationale for concept. Complete format specifications sheet which suggests kind, size and volume of vehicle needed to carry message.
6. As necessary, render representative layouts of selected interior areas of publication after basic concept has been approved.
7. Deliver presentation via e-mail, fax or internet accompanied by phone consultation, or in person. When appropriate, to help make the final concept selection, provide client with a fax survey form, e-mail survey form or multiples of enlarged thumbnails for a focus group study.
8. Upon approval of concept, if final copy isn't provided, either write copy or creative direct writing. Art direct and/or create necessary image(s) if not otherwise provided.
9. Upon approval of copy and image(s), prepare work-in-progress design that includes all design elements.
10. Submit one copy to client for final approval and one to each of 2 printers (or other output providers) for final printing and/or output estimate(s). Unless otherwise requested arrangements are made for client to buy printing and/or other output directly from those suppliers.
11. Complete production of design and supply disk for printing, posting on the Internet or other publishing. Make 2 duplicate disks, one for client and one for Andy's record.
12. Review proof, press inspect (if necessary) and otherwise provide production management through to job completion.
useage policy: DESIGN AND WRITING- Client is entitled to exclusive (except for self-promotional use by Andy Attiliis) unlimited use of design and writing by Andy Attiliis for 3 years from date of original invoice for the work and to unlimited useage of same thereafter. ILLUSTRATION- Client is entitled to exclusive (except for self-promotional use by Andy Attiliis) unlimited use of illustrations by Andy Attiliis for 2 years from date of original invoice for the work and to unlimited useage of same for 2 additional years. For Web-only, Internet-only or Intranet-only useage(or any combination thereof) of illustrations, client is entitled to unlimited useage.
I have reviewed Andy's approach
and would like to see the client information portion of this job information form.
Please note that this page and the next could serve as a useful creative guide whether you decide to hire Andy or not. Please feel free to print them both.