While the startup requirements of most creative professionals are fairly similar, the manner in which information is gathered can vary greatly. Andy Attiliis uses a job information form to efficiently gather necessary data and specifically inform the client of what will be done.
To receive a preliminary proposal and price estimate for illustration or photo montage, prospective clients should review, complete and submit the following:
job information form for illustration
1. Review client information from this job information form.
2. Provide basic proposal that includes description of work to be done and price estimate.
3. Upon receipt from client of relevant materials (copies), provide detailed proposal based on client's specific need that includes each step of work to be done, timeline and price quotation.
4. Upon receipt from client of approved detailed proposal and relevant materials (originals if necessary), confirm timeline's start date.
These are the general steps taken by Andy Attiliis to provide illustration and photo montage images:
5. Render simple black line layout or semi-comprehensive layout of basic concept for content and composition only. Write brief description of concept. In the case of corporate cartoons and comic strips, write copy.
6. Deliver presentation via e-mail, fax or internet accompanied by phone consultation, or in person.
7. Upon approval of concept, prepare work-in-progress version of illustration in form of tight blackline drawing or partially finished full-color rendering with selected elements on layers.
10. Upon approval of work-in-progress version, complete illustration. Provide on cd rom disk in Photoshop format unless otherwise requested.
11. Proofing options: (1) provide proof (2) review printer's proof and mark for color correction (3) art director to review printer's proof and mark for color correction.
useage policy: ILLUSTRATION- Client is entitled to exclusive (except for self-promotional use by Andy Attiliis) unlimited use of illustrations by Andy Attiliis for 2 years from date of original invoice for the work and to unlimited useage of same for 2 additional years. For Web-only, Internet-only or Intranet-only useage(or any combination thereof) of illustrations, client is entitled to unlimited useage. DESIGN AND WRITING- Client is entitled to exclusive (except for self-promotional use by Andy Attiliis) unlimited use of design and writing by Andy Attiliis for 3 years from date of original invoice for the work and to unlimited useage of same thereafter.
I have reviewed Andy's approach
and would like to see the client information portion of this job information form.
Please note that this page and the next could serve as a useful creative guide whether you decide to hire Andy or not. Please feel free to print them both.